The giant corporate polluters who believe their profits would be threatened by legislation to protect the environment are unlikely to alter their denials; nevertheless, private citizens should not be threatened by an examination of available evidence.
Two initial questions for those with a willingness to discuss the issue: Do you understand the greenhouse gas principle? Moreover, are you aware that one of the products of combustion from fossil fuels (coal, oil, natural gas) is the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide?
The answers to both of your questions, Mr. Tapy, are “yes.”
Now, I have some for you:
- Do you understand that water vapor is a greenhouse gas?
- Are you aware that water vapor accounts for 95% of the greenhouse effect on earth? Did you know there is no organized effort to cut water vapor in the atmosphere? Have you considered why?
- Did you know nuclear power has zero CO2 emissions? And that somehow nuclear power is almost always overlooked by the “warmers” as a solution to CO2 emissions? And that the “warmers'” solutions somehow almost always call for additional government regulation of industry? Did you realize that when government regulates an industry it has the power to grant waivers? Do you ever notice now companies that get such government waivers invariably have donated lots of money to politicians in power?
- Did you know the temperature on Mars is increasing?
- Are you aware that the ice age occurred without mankind’s involvement?
- Did you know the sun is very hot and has a considerable effect on earth’s temperature?
Thank you for your time.