The senior staff accountant will manage the day-to-day accounts payable process for Americans for Prosperity and Americans for Prosperity Foundation under the supervision of the Controller. Additionally, the senior accountant will oversee and allocate employee and contractor timekeeping to each organization and code time to individual projects. Working directly with the Controller, the senior staff accountant will play a key role in monthly account reconciliations, month-end closings and the annual financial audit. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of strong accounting and financial experience preferably in a non-profit environment.
National Office in Arlington, V.A.
- Manage day-to-day accounts payable process including expense report processing
- Manage organization’s timekeeping system and the allocation of time for national and
- state employees and contractors for the two organizations
- Assist in the preparation of state budgets and reconcile these budgets against monthly actuals
- Assist in the day-to-day donation process for the development database and general ledger
- Assist the finance department with monthly account reconciliations, the month-end closing process and annual financial audit
- Perform other tasks and special projects to assist the Controller and finance department as needed
- College degree in accounting/finance is required
- Five to seven years of prior accounting experience in a non-profit is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge is preferred
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Willingness and desire to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to take on additional responsibilities
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and state chapters
- A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history/requirements to: Andrea McCarthy at email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. AFPF is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.